Do you find yourself day-dreaming that you were living a different life? Deep down you really want that to happen but your mood swings are keeping you away from doing that. Everyone has one of those moments where your day is going dull. During such times, we are standing in line doing a mental inventory of all thoughts crowded inside our head. A whole day is ahead of us which is unexplored yet we feel tired to live that day with fullest. Topped with this lethargic feelings, you feel more annoyed when someone you know is living a life you dreamt of.
After all this, you try to open up about your mood to someone which makes you feel a little better because you’ve spoken about it. Finally, it’s off your chest but still, it’s stuck somewhere in your head. You’re eagerly waiting for something that will empty your chaotic brain. You don’t want to be a hunched monkey anymore.
Many years go by and you’re still chaotic and hunting for the damn solution, right?
However, there are many ways in which you can turn your mundane day to a bit brighter in no time without requiring much effort.
- Get or make yourself a hot drink or warm delicious food and just linger over it than you actually would. Indulge in Mindfulness.
- Leave Inspirational notes for your colleagues or friends or family or even a stranger at random places. Imagine you walk into a public washroom and find a sticky note on a mirror,” You’re beautiful. Keep smiling!” Your ordinary day will turn into a special one, right?
- Give yourself much-needed self-love easy peasy therapies, like take a bath, go for a walk, play some nice music, dance on Bollywood songs or just put on a face mask and relax.
- Brighten someone else’s day. If you do so you’ll stir up positive vibe within yourself as well and you’ll carry that vibe throughout your day, Atleast do one tiny thing for someone. Trust me, it feels good!
- Take a break and watch a movie alone. Cry while watching a movie without embarrassment or just watch movies that you love but you haven’t seen in years.
- Call a friend, even if you don’t want to talk about personal problems, that’s okay! Simply ask them, a bunch of stuff and recall some laugh full memories.
- Try 15-20 minutes exercise without having to feel like a chore to stay healthy. Add meditation in the workout schedule as well.
- If you see a baby make silly faces with the baby and try to make the baby laugh or you can just pet and baby talk with street animals and see if you can make them jump on you.
- Turn off your social media for a while and get lost in the stories from the collection of books you have.
- Forget about why your day was horrible in the first place.
- Start your day by consuming positive things over breakfast. Instead of watching news, have a warm conversation with someone or just make your to-do list while having your breakfast.
- Start your work with the most important task of the schedule and try to complete it before your lunch hours so you feel lighter for the rest of the day. Also, you feel more confident to get your hands on other tasks.
- Be thankful before you go to bed, find gratitude for everything that happened with you that day.
- Even if you not good in drawing or painting, just scribble your thoughts, It’s one type of meditation, you will feel relax.
Remember, the only thing that is holding you back from doing something awesome is YOU!
What makes you feel alive, let us know in the comments below.
Also, If you have your own story, you can share it with us on firstname.lastname@example.org or join #MyBlogUs community, so you can let others know that they are not alone.