Good health and tasty food mostly don’t come in one plate. This is why fitness freaks have to think twice before eating anything tasty or foodies have to think thrice before starting a diet. What if we say you can have an insanely scrumptious healthy dish which you can easily make at home? Here’s Arabian dish, hummus with garlic pita bread which is sinfully tasty while sparing a thought for your health.
This recipe by Naman Indap, a young talent, has bought an amazing hummus with garlic pita bread recipe to make you go all drooling.
To know more about his recipes, you can check it out on his Instagram page – @namansfoodclub. https://www.instagram.com/namansfoodclub/
Read on to tickle your taste buds with a wonderful taste.
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2–3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon (2–3 tablespoons)
- Optional toppings: extra drizzle of olive oil, chopped fresh parsley, sprinkle of ground paprika.
- Add tahini, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic, cold water, and lemon juice to a food processor until smooth.
- Add in the chickpeas. Make pure for 5-6 minutes or until the hummus is smooth. If it seems too thick, add some tablespoons of water.
- Serve immediately, garnish with oil and paprika. (you can also transfer to a container and refrigerate for up to 3 days)